HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GAMING FOR
One Professional Grand Prize Winner and one Non-Professional Grand Prize Winner selected from Finalists will each win $100,000.
Twelve Finalists – grouped into six Professional and six Non-Professional will receive:
- $500 USD per person stipend for travel arrangements to attend awards ceremony, publisher meeting, and trophy presentation at Red Rock Casino Resort Spa, 11011 W. Charleston, Las Vegas, NV 89135. Maximum of 5 attendees per team. Individuals are responsible for arranging their own travel and lodging to attend event.
- An audition session with a professional game publisher (like Capcom, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, NAMCO/Bandai, Nintendo, Sony, THQ, and Ubisoft) of no more than 30 minutes in which Finalist will have opportunity to showcase game for possible publishing contract, which would be offered only at sole and unfettered discretion of participating professional game publisher.
Three Skill Award Winners to be selected from Finalists:
- $2,500 USD – Technical Skill Award Winner
- $2,500 USD – Art Skill Award Winner
- $2,500 USD – Gameplay Skill Award Winner
- All contest participants who opt in during registration process may be considered for a $50,000 scholarship to attend The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University for graduate professional game development program.
- Undergraduate scholarships may also be awarded to participants who opt in during registration.